Here you can meet some of our members and view the Corvairs parked in their garage.
this 110hp powerglide automatic - red with black interior
Howard's regular driver
better know in the club as Howard's "moredoor"
the power house of this a 140 hp quad-carb flat six
affectionately referred to as "Navy Rampy"
Billy's Autocross Car
This Corvair arrived to my garage in pieces and was a fun build. The exterior color and late model Corvair were the main items that attracted me to this car. Manufactured on next-to-the last day of production in May 1969 and the preservation effort of the previous owner fueled my motivation and drive to renew this beauty to near original condition - (a COVID project March - July 2020). Nickname "Redstone One"
Originally purchased for parts until its original purpose was discovered.
This is my first Corvair and on my bucket list of Chevrolet vehicles to collect. It has nice patina and always draws a crowd.
A factory A/C convertible and a very fun car to drive. Currently in my shop under going renew/preservation repairs.
Why not... doesn't everyone need a station wagon? Then I was schooled on the importance of 1962 Corvair Station Wagons. Nickname "Tater Valley"
Originally a parts car but it's a Lakewood Station Wagon and it runs. Nickname "Billy"
A sister car to "Redstone One" This 1964 Monza 900 coupe rides smooth and moves on down the road. 110hp 4-speed with tinted windows and beautiful wire wheel covers. Nickname "Rhonda"
A resurrection project with neat patina.
The future spot for the late model convertible has been filled by this 1 of 521 convertibles built by the graveyard-shift at Willow Run Plant in Michigan. Fathom green, green interior with black top and is standard optioned with 95hp engine and 3-spped manual transmission.
“The Joe Doughty Car”- Purchased from estate of long-time VCE member & club treasurer Joe P. Doughty after his passing. He ordered the car new from DeMent–Mollison Chevrolet here in Birmingham with 98 h.p. engine, 4-speed and 3.89 differential ratio. He drove the car back and forth to work at ACIPCO for many years, then stored it for a future restoration project. His meticulous restoration of original components to 95% complete was fully documented. I finished the remaining 5% in 2017. Mr. Doughty’s son Alan, was the first person I got to drive the car when it was completed and sorted. The car now has approximately 106k miles on it. It placed 3rdin the 1961-1964 American class at the Apollo 50 Car show in Huntsville in July of 2019 (attached photo). It still wears it’s ACIPCO employee parking decal on the lower portion of the windshield on the driver’s side.
“Ella” - 102 h.p. w/PG. Unrestored survivor with what’s believed to be 27k actual miles on it. Original owner (Ella M. Shepherd), purchased car in St. Maries, ID. I am the 5th owner, and the 2nd owner east of the Mississippi. Other than tune-up type work and exhaust repairs, In late 2020, replaced hydraulic lifters, pushrods and rocker arms, after which I completed a trouble-free 700+ mile road trip, averaging 20-23 mpg. My driver - it’s not a perfect car cosmetically, but it is very reliable and good out on the road.